Thursday, February 15, 2007

How many times can one child say, "MOM"?

Holy cow! My kids came in from school yesterday and in less than one hour my youngest had said, "MOM", 25 times. What does that work out to be? About every other minute?

Then we took them to my parents for the evening, so Tim and I could go out on our date, and you start hearing, "Grandma..." every few seconds. HOLY COW.
So, TIm and I went on our date. Dinner was excellent...thank heavens for call ahead seating. I called an hour ahead of time and put our names on the list. By the time we arrived at an early 5:20, the wait was 2 hours. But, thanks to my intelligent decision to call ahead, we were seated immediatley.

The movie was very cute. We went to see Music and Lyric with Hugh Grant and Drew Barrymore. No big surprises, but it was a sweet movie. Perfect for Valentine's Day.

When we got home, every time I left the room I heard Tim call, "Babe?" At one point I felt myself getting frustrated, but recognized it was just because of the kids calling me constantly earlier in the evening. Right before I got cranky, I caught myself and reminded myself how lucky I am to have a man that wants me beside him. Heck, some men don't even notice when their wives leave them room. ( my ex was one of them )

Well, it is time for the bus and the "MOMS" to begin. Ya'll stay warm out there.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sometimes it never stops. The last couple days Shelby has been asking nonstop questions. I've had to grit my teeth a few times and answer the question instead of saying 'If you just think about it, you'd be able to figure it out' or something crabby like that. At Leo's house it's "Hey, Dad?" every couple minutes.

3:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think all of us "moms" can relate. Except now I'm a "Grandma". I've never counted how many times I hear it in the course of an hour. Next time I'm bored, ha ha, I'll try that. :)

3:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Song Lyrics

One Body Ministries - Uniting believers into one body to win souls and further the cause of Christ!

I Believe Christian Network

WBFJ-Music From the Heart

Diary Of A Transplant Patient

The Life and Times of Simon

World Prayer


World Prayer