Saturday, October 01, 2005

The fair

Well, we managed to survive the fair last night. It was a lot of fun. The demolition derby (aka Redneck-o-rama) was a hoot. The first time I heard myself exclaim, "BOOM", I was quite shocked. The testosterone must have been contagious.

We rode rides which taught me that I really am starting to get older. My 6 year old son talked me into taking him on a HUGE Ferris wheel. Now let me explain, one of my life goals is to ride the tallest, fastest roller coasters in the nation. However, I am terrified of heights, and specifically Ferris wheels. Tim and the other kids got a huge laugh out of watching me sit like a statue the entire ride. Even Bryce teased me as we sat at the top, overlooking the entire city. He'd peer of the side, waving at his siblings, saying, "We sure are up high, Mom." Then laughing like crazy.

One down moment was when someone tried to steal my purse. We were in a mob and someone grabbed it from behind. Thankfully, not only was it over my shoulder, but I had my hand tight on the strap. I told my next door neighbor about the incident, so she promptly bought me a Fanny pack for similar outings in the future. What a smart idea!

All in all, it was a really fun evening. We ate too much, spent too much, but laughed a lot. It is good that the fair only comes once a year.

Today was typically full of baseball games. Everyone won today, so all is right in the world. (at least for the moment)

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like a lot of fun. Too bad you didn't get the opportunity to slug the creep that tried to steal your pocketbook.

Thanks for sharing. I am looking forward to our fair now, which comes in Novemeber.

5:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Andee, the Fair sounds like fun! Sucks about your purse santcher though, glad he did not get the goods!
B

7:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Song Lyrics

One Body Ministries - Uniting believers into one body to win souls and further the cause of Christ!

I Believe Christian Network

WBFJ-Music From the Heart

Diary Of A Transplant Patient

The Life and Times of Simon

World Prayer


World Prayer