Monday, September 12, 2005

Shopping trip (WHEW)

I just got back from buying all three boys their fall wardrobes. Ok, I admit, I am sure I will buy more but we have a great start. The nice thing about having 3 boys all about 18 months apart is that for the most part, all the oldest ones clothes get passed down to the younger ones.

I tell you though, it was exhausting. Chelsea took the boys to look at toys while I shopped, but it was still a challenge. Once I finally made them understand that we were ONLY buying clothes, they were a little quieter.

For Chelsea (13) this year, we gave her cash and told her that is all she gets for clothes. I explained we could go to a fancy store at the mall and probably buy 3 or 4 things. Or I could take her to some bargain places and she could get 10 or more items. So far so good, she bought 2 shirts at Kohl's that were on sale buy one, get one free. We are going to hit a consignment store and a jeans warehouse later this week.

After all that shopping, we came home with like 10 bags full of stuff. But, once it was all divided and hanging in the closets it doesn't look like they have that much. I guess it is time to hint to grandparents that the kids need more fall/winter clothing. :-) Oh yeah....guess we will have to buy coats too. Where does it all end? LOL

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am very lucky that I styaed friendly with the rich family I used to nanny for. Their youngest is a boy, age 5 or 6 (I lose track of time!+) and they send me BEAUTIFUL, expensive handme downs about 3 times a year! Literally I just have to get Duncan shoes, underwear & socks!
I know I am very lucky as thoses items really add up, and they grow so fast! Plus Duncan is an ONLY so we pass them on or I may check out a new consignment shoppe in town and even sell them!

11:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Song Lyrics

One Body Ministries - Uniting believers into one body to win souls and further the cause of Christ!

I Believe Christian Network

WBFJ-Music From the Heart

Diary Of A Transplant Patient

The Life and Times of Simon

World Prayer


World Prayer