Tuesday, October 04, 2005

It's crazy !

As most of you know, I go to school full time in the evenings and work part time. I just talked to my best friend who is the one who got me to go back to college with her. We've both finsihed 5 semsters now...still a long ways to go, but it is a good start. We are college sophmores in our mid 30's!

Anyhow, she's dropping out...all for a job at a gas station that pays $7.50. She says it is just too much...working part time and going to school. She says it is too hard..she's having a hard time understanding the classes. What is worse..she is dropping out in the middle of the semester so she won't get any student loans or financial aide for this semester. She will have to pay for the whole semester out of pocket, getting no credit for it. Considering they are always broke, it will take her years to pay. The school won't allow her to change her mind and come back with an outstanding balance

Do you ever want to just throttle someone? Shake some sense into them? I just see her throwing her future away so that she can work at the gas station while her husband sits at home playing on the computer. Mind you, there is nothing wrong with working at a gas station, but seems like an easy job for a college student to me.

OK...I am done ranting. It just breaks my heart to see her do this. I don't think she's thought it all through and I am 95% sure she will regret this.



Thanks for letting me let off steam!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Song Lyrics

One Body Ministries - Uniting believers into one body to win souls and further the cause of Christ!

I Believe Christian Network

WBFJ-Music From the Heart

Diary Of A Transplant Patient

The Life and Times of Simon

World Prayer


World Prayer