Thursday, October 06, 2005

Only 13 !!!

My stepdaughter is a very beautiful young lady. We knew when she turned 13 that things would be changing soon. We've both heard lots of stories from our friends about their teen daughters.

Well, the wheels have been set in motion. Chelsea has her first "boyfriend". She talks about him constantly. Some of the things she says are so funny....Tim and I just look at each other and shake our heads. I am trying to show an appropriate amount of interest...but I can't help but be wary. Of course, I don't want her to grow up too fast. I am only a little bit worried about her getting into something physically because this boy doesn't go to her school or live very close to either of her parents. In fact, his dad coaches her brother's baseball team. That is how they met. Now, they are together every ballgame, sitting on the bleaches together. It is really cute though...they pretend to not be looking for each other. Very non-chalant. Then, after about 30 minutes, they casually say hello, then are stuck together like glue. He is coming to watch her softball game Saturday, which means she won't be worth a red cent in the game.

More what worries me is her getting her young heart broken. I mentioned this to Tim, who agrees, but says it's going to happen, and many times. There isn't anything we can do about it. And I know he is right. But, that doesn't keep me from dreading it. In my teen years I broke a lot of hearts and managed to get my own broken a time or two. I remember how devastating it felt. She just seems so young and innocent...I hate to see that part of her youth slip away.

For now...her daddy and I will just keep a bemused eye on them. They all seem to be growing up too fast.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You don't even want to know what kinds of troble I was into at 13, and that was in 1980! Now the world is an whole different ballgame. I say keep the lines of communication open, and hang on, sister! It is going to be a wild ride the next 5 years!!!!!!

3:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know it is scary. You just have to trust that you are raising them right and turn the rest over to the Lord.

3:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Song Lyrics

One Body Ministries - Uniting believers into one body to win souls and further the cause of Christ!

I Believe Christian Network

WBFJ-Music From the Heart

Diary Of A Transplant Patient

The Life and Times of Simon

World Prayer


World Prayer